We need energy for almost everything we do, both at home and at school, so it’s really important.
However, some forms of energy, such as fossil fuels, are bad for the environment. You can read more about different types of energy here.
One of the easiest ways to help the environment is to use less energy and become more energy-efficient. There are really simple changes you can make around your home to help save energy, here are some top tips:
- When you leave a room, switch off the lights.
- Switch off the television, tablet or computer game when you’re not using them.
- Get your grown up to turn off things like kettles, chargers, fans etc that aren’t being used.
- Open the curtains during the day rather than switching on lights.
- When the weather gets cooler, put on a jumper rather than turning up the heating.
- If you’re helping with the household chores, help your grown-up hang washing on a line to dry instead of using a tumble dryer.