This week is Energy Savers Week (15 – 21 January) and Citizens Advice has teamed up with the Energy Saving Trust to share top tips on low cost ways to make your home warmer.
Their top five winter warmers include:
- Turning down your thermostat by 1 degree could save approximately £105 a year.
- Switch off your heating if you’re leaving the house for a few hours.
- Fit draught-proofing to your windows and doors – it could save £45 a year on your fuel bill.
- A hot water cylinder jacket could save £50 a year in energy costs.
- Move furniture away from radiators to avoid blocking the heat.
Local advice is on hand through Action Surrey – find out if you’re eligible for grant funding by telephone on 0800 783 2503 or via the Action Surrey website.